This side dish is not only delicious but super easy keto dish to make. Asparagus, wrapped in bacon is sooo good. It is such a great combo, and offers a good source of fat, protein, Vitamin A and Iron.
By cooking the asparagus bundles in either an olive/coconut oil or butter you can up the fat content. The bacon supplies a good source of protein, and fat making these a great way of ensuring you’re meeting your macros.
Bacon wise, any type will do. If you’re on a budget, I recommend using cooking bacon. If you’re in the UK, this is available in Asda and Tesco. You’ll have to probably buy a few packs, and go through splitting it into thin and thick slices & freeze what you’re not using straight away separately but at less than 60p per 500g, it’s totally worth doing. You can use the thicker slices as bacon steaks, dice it, line baking trays for keto egg muffins and more.
Keto Asparagus with Garlic
- 8 Asparagus
- 4 to 8 rashers of Bacon
- 4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil You can also use butter, or coconut oil
- 4 Crushed Garlic Cloves You can also use 4 tablespoons of lazy/minced garlic.
- Pinch Salt
- Use some of the oil, and oil a baking tray/dish and preheat the oven to gas mark 6/400f/200c
- Wrap the asparagus in the bacon, in bundles of 1 or 2 asparagus per 1 strip of bacon. You'll need more or less bacon depending on how many asparagus spears you use per bundle.
- Place the bundles on the oiled baking tray, and drizzle some oil over the bundles, then sprinkle the salt over them.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of your asparagus.